What does the treatment involve?
The skin is entirely thoroughly cleansed and dried before the treatment. The settings are adjusted depending on the level of heat desired and depth of penetration. Topical numbing cream is available for comfort; however, the treatment goes more smoothly when the skin is completely dry without any barrier. The entire area is covered with a square-shaped head, and with slight pressure, the heat is delivered. The patient will experience a mild warming or “prickly” sensation during the treatment but is resolved immediately.
What is the downtime?
Immediately following the procedure, the skin will be red and slightly puffy. Redness will diminish on day 2 or 3. Skin will feel like a mild sunburn for the first 12 hours directly following the treatment. We recommend applying a breathable foundation called Oxygentix to conceal and protect the area treated. The product is available in various shades.
What conditions does the Sublative treat?
- Acne scarring or pitting
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Fine lines
- Mild pigmentation
- Stretch marks
Where can the eMatrix Sublative be used?
The face is the most common area treated, but other areas of the body can also be addressed, such as the chest, hands, neck, etc.
Who is a candidate?
Sublative technology can be used on any skin type, Fitzpatrick I-IV.
What is a typical treatment protocol?
A typical treatment protocol is three treatments with 4 to 6 weeks in between. Each treatment takes about 30-40 minutes for a full face.
- Discontinue use of harsh exfoliating products for one week
- Avoid direct sun exposure 1 week pre- and post-treatment
- Best not to apply moisturizers or makeup within 24 hours of treatment. Can use Oxygentix breathable tinted SPF.
- Copper Repair Cream is recommended for optimal healing and results 1-week post treatment
- Apply SPF daily
- Avoid all alpha-hydroxy acids, hydroquinone, retinol, Tazorac, and Differin 7 days prior
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure to any areas that will be treated 7 days prior
- Treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin
- Avoid sunless tanning products on any areas that will be treated 7 days prior to treatment
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs on the area to be treated, please call our office, you may need to reschedule
- No chemical peels, laser hair removal, or skin resurfacing treatments on any treated area for a minimum of 2 weeks or until complete healing has occurred
- If you have any suspicious lesions, moles, or unusual spots, you must be cleared by a medical practitioner before treatment
- If you are prone to cold sores, we encourage taking an anti-viral medication prior to treatments. Clients with active cold sores may not be treated
- Patients who have had any facial injections should wait 2 weeks before having eMatrix
- No use of Accutane, or similar products for 6 months prior
- No pacemakers, internal defibrillators, or other electric implants
- After treatment, you will notice square imprints, with small matrix dot formations of scabs that may remain for about a week. NO picking or peeling scabs, they will naturally fall off
- Skin may be red, tight, and dry for the first 1 to 3 days
- No makeup for 6 to 12 hours, except Oxygentix Breathable SPF
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen every day