What are the advantages of RF microneedling?
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighten skin
- Improve skin texture and tone
- Minimal downtime
- Treat any skin tone, even tanned skin
- Target any body area
Why radio frequency (RF)?
Radiofrequency heats skin tissue to stimulate collagen and elastin, which in turn leads to tighter, younger-looking skin. When combined with state-of-the-art micro-needling, tiny channels are created in the skin to accept treatment serums to enhance results. Also, for those patients who are regular dermal filler users, this treatment provides an overall natural rejuvenation of fine lines and wrinkles without adding volume to the skin. After all, the over filled look it not attractive!
What does it feel like?
Topical numbing cream is applied to the area prior to the treatment for elevated comfort. We also use a chiller device that the patient controls as needed. There is slight pressure and heat felt during the procedure, and settings can be adjusted accordingly when necessary.
Can PRP be used with RF microneedling?
YES! Adding PRP (plasma rich proteins) to the skin directly following the treatment will provide the maximum benefit! The channels in the skin are open for up to 4 hours, so the leftover plasma is sent home to apply every hour until it is gone. The other option besides PRP are applying exosomes for faster healing time and better results.
Pre- and post-treatment instructions:
- History of cold sores requires a course of antiviral medication pre and post-procedure.
- The skin may be dry and itchy for the first few days. Only use a mild cleanser, moisturizer, and SPF along with a post-procedure serum that will be provided. No additional products for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- No picking skin after the treatment.
- No direct sun exposure up to 5 days post-treatment (wear a hat and SPF reapplied every 2 hours when outside).
- Do not apply any makeup until the skin is completely healed. Oxygenetix (breathable foundation) or mineral-based makeup is best. Use clean brushes.
- Minimize exercising or sweating for 24-48 hours post-op.
- Refrain from exfoliating products or acids for 7 to 10 days post-op.
- Treatments are conducted every 6 to 8 weeks.